Is the grounding system of your facility working as it should? Over time changes in soil resistivity, grounding rods, and bonded connections can degrade. An inadequate grounding system may:
- Create unintended paths that could result in a shock hazard to employees
- Increase equipment failure rates
- Cause instrumentation errors
- Result in power factor problems
- Cause many other intermittent power problems
The NEC establishes the standard of the impedance to ground value of 25 ohms or less as being an acceptable test result. Many facilities with sensitive electronic equipment use a standard of 5 ohms or less. An assessment every 2 years is recommend, it is important to build a baseline and then track future readings to determine the performance metrics of your ground system.
Ask about ASG Electric’s – Earth Ground and System Grounding test services.